Six Questions Product Managers Must Ask Themselves Monthly to Excel in Their Careers
In general, a Product Manager’s role is to set the vision for a product, set the path for the product, and communicate the vision to the stakeholders. As you would a product, creating a roadmap for your career and streamlining your actions to ensure its progress is but imperative.
I recently conducted the Confidence Challenge Online Workshop, which by the way received a great number of participants. From this activity, I have received quite a lot of questions about how I manage to stay ahead in my career or how I keep it selling. It got me thinking about how a Product Manager’s role isn’t cut in stone and so many tend to get bogged down in their day-to-day responsibilities.
In this video, I have talked about the six questions that every product manager must ask themselves to accelerate the progress in their career.
- What will get me promoted?.
- What long term bet do I need to work on right now?
- Which advocates do I need to build?
- Which areas do I need to focus my learning or growth in right now?
- What do my customers need and what do they want?
- What would I do if I took 100% ownership of this situation?
If you liked the blog post, you will love my free class “5 Simple Steps Any Product Manager Can Take to Fast-Track Their Way to Product Leader.” Go ahead, enroll now!